Tuesday 5 August 2014

If you don’t know TED?

Lets take a minute and get to know TED!

TED is very knowledgeable and well travelled. TED is both male and female. TED has no ethnicity, but has many experiences. TED favourite colour is red.

TED’s slogan is ‘ideas worth spreading,' does that sound familiar?

“TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages.”























TED is unique because of its divers speakers and subjects. The TED stage is a platform that allows people to share their ideas, experiences from both personal or research.


I first came across TED few years ago. I was so excited by the idea and shared it with all my friends and family. Some said I was so enthused that they got the impression that I invented TED. I wish!

I use to listen to the talks every chance I could; train, bus and walks to university or work, washing the dishes, or i would just squeeze in a video before bed.

What is very interesting is that no matter how long the video is, they all leave me wanting more.

Majority of the times I use to scroll through the categories and watch the videos under the subjects or topic I knew I would love. Sometimes I would randomly choose a topic and would be blown away.



Once you become closely acquainted with TED you will realize that once you press play, the pre-expectations or thoughts you had of what the talk might be about never did it justice. I always felt like I learnt something new and left inspired.

I have put together five TED talks from my very long list of favourites. I choose these five because they blew me away and also because they cover a range of different topics. 

Enjoy!

Sheryl Sandberg: Why we have too few women leaders


Esther Perel: The secret to desire in a long-term relationship


Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The danger of a single story


Simon Sinek: Why good leaders make you feel safe


Leslie Morgan Steiner: Why domestic violence victims don't leave


I hope you enjoyed them as much as i did or more. Dont forget that ideas are mean to be shared, so share them with those you love.

TED reiterates the point that .. it all starts with an iDiya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

);